Bitcoin and Ether fell by the end of Asian trading hours on Friday afternoon, together with all other top 10 non-stablecoin cryptocurrencies by market capitalization, weighed by the financial woes of crypto-focused bank Silvergate. Investors saw a glimpse of relief, following dovish remarks from the U.S. Federal Reserve, signaling a potential stop to interest rate hikes this summer.
See related article: Bitcoin Punks exceed 1,145 ETH in daily trading volume as Bitcoin Ordinals gain traction
- Bitcoin fell by 4.3% to US$23,402 in the 24 hours to 4:30 p.m. in Hong Kong. Ether declined 4.49% to US$1,569, according to CoinMarketCap data, pressured by financial woes at crypto-focused U.S. bank Silvergate Capital Corp.
- Litecoin’s Ltc token was the day’s biggest loser, losing 8.52% to US$89.05, followed by Dogecoin that fell 6.3% to trade at US$0.075.
- The global cryptocurrency market capitalization shrunk by 3.81% to US$1.03 trillion in the 24 hours to 4:30 p.m. in Hong Kong. The total crypto market trading volume increased by 22% to US$55.42 billion.
- Asian equities strengthened in line with Wall Street’s overnight rally after Atlanta Federal Reserve President Raphael Bostic said that he supported an interest rate increase of 25 basis points and that the central bank may pause rate hikes sometimes during the summer.
- The Shanghai Composite gained 0.54%, the Shenzhen Component Index inched up 0.02%, Japan’s Nikkei 225 rose 1.56% and Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index strengthened 0.68%.
- Investors digested data suggesting that China’s service sector growth accelerated in February, following the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions.
- Europe’s STOXX 600 rose 0.4% and Germany’s DAX 40 gained 0.8%, fueled by dovish commentary from the U.S. Fed.
- The euro stood above US$1.06, up from a two-month low of US$1.053 on Feb. 27, despite hawkish remarks from European Central bank officials signaling more incoming rate hikes.
See related article: CBDC: Boon Or Bane?
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- Platoblockchain. Web3 Metaverse Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- Source: https://forkast.news/headlines/markets-bitcoin-ether-fall-litecoin-biggest-loser-day/
- Central Bank
- Crypto Market
- cryptocurrency market
- daily trading
- European Central Bank
- federal reserve
- Financial Woes
- Hang Seng
- Hong Kong
- INTEREST RATE
- INTEREST RATE HIKES
- Market Capitalization
- Nikkei 225
- Plato Data Intelligence
- rate hikes
- Shanghai Composite
- Top 10
- trading volume
- U.S. Bank
- U.S. Federal Reserve
More from Forkast
Bitcoin mining difficulty rises 7.6% to set new all-time high as hashrate jumps
Source Node: 2032142
Time Stamp: Mar 24, 2023
Solana blames Slope for exploit
Source Node: 1607076
Time Stamp: Aug 3, 2022
Zipmex seeks moratorium from creditors in Singapore court
Source Node: 1598176
Time Stamp: Jul 28, 2022
U.S. crypto miner Core Scientific files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, continues to mine Bitcoin
Source Node: 1780125
Time Stamp: Dec 21, 2022
South Korea to block access to 16 unregistered crypto companies
Source Node: 1632198
Time Stamp: Aug 19, 2022
US, Germany shut ChipMixer for alleged ties to US$3 bln crypto laundering
Source Node: 2019187
Time Stamp: Mar 16, 2023
WazirX wants to integrate India’s digital rupee
Source Node: 1720882
Time Stamp: Oct 10, 2022
EU Council approves MiCA text for crypto regulation
Source Node: 1718713
Time Stamp: Oct 6, 2022
North Korean hackers move 41,000 ETH stolen from Harmony Bridge attack
Source Node: 1900687
Time Stamp: Jan 16, 2023
How sustainable is that fast-fashion minidress? Blockchain can help you find out
Source Node: 1743139
Time Stamp: Nov 7, 2022
Scarred by Terra-LUNA, South Korea moves ahead with digital asset reform
Source Node: 1595998
Time Stamp: Jul 27, 2022
Why Singapore may be the ideal place for companies to rebuild post-crypto winter
Source Node: 1613368
Time Stamp: Aug 8, 2022