Bitcoin’s price surged by over $1,000 and is currently challenging the important psychological level of $40K. It happens on reports that Putin has claimed progress made in talks with Ukraine.
- Bitcoin’s price is currently testing the major psychological level of $40,000, after surging over 2.2% in the past hour.
- The increased volatility also had an impact on liquidations as over $24 million in leveraged positions were wiped off the market in the past hour alone.
- The largest single liquidation order took place on Bybit, and it’s worth almost $6 million – a BTC perp.
- The move comes on the back of reports that Russian President Vladimir Putin said progress has been made in the talks between the Kremlin and Ukraine.
- Citing Russia’s Interfax news agency, CNBC quoted Putin saying:
There are certain positive develompents as the negotiators from our side reported to me.
- However, it’s also worth noting that Russian troops have been supposedly regrouping near Kyiv, and some predict a potential push to bear down on the capital.
- Commenting on the conflicting signals, Adam Cochran – well-known crypto commentator and analyst – said:
Markets are so thin and so desperate for relief that we’re moving on vague positive news in the Russia-Ukraine conflict while both sides also release worsening statements and escalating action.
More from CryptoPotato
ChangeX Building the Case for True Crypto Mass Adoption
Source Node: 1230070
Time Stamp: Mar 23, 2022
Bitcoin ATMs Across the Globe and Their Growth Over the Years
Source Node: 1775768
Time Stamp: Dec 18, 2022
Crypto Trader Cobie Donates $100K To Youtuber Fighting Bitboy’s Defamation Suit
Source Node: 1637963
Time Stamp: Aug 24, 2022
Crypto Selloff Intensifies as Miners in China Down Tools
Source Node: 877114
Time Stamp: May 24, 2021
Bali Warns Tourists Against Using Crypto for Payments
Source Node: 2113455
Time Stamp: May 29, 2023
Shiba Inu (SHIB) Tumbles 7% on Concerns About Shibarium Code
Source Node: 2012219
Time Stamp: Mar 16, 2023
Thai SEC to Investigate Zipmex About Violating Certain Crypto Rules (Report)
Source Node: 1891216
Time Stamp: Jan 11, 2023
BlackRock Taps Coinbase for Institutional Crypto Trading and Custody Services
Source Node: 1608174
Time Stamp: Aug 4, 2022
Bullish Retest or a Drop to $20K for BTC? (Bitcoin Price Analysis)
Source Node: 1586368
Time Stamp: Jul 21, 2022
NFT Creator Animoca Launches $30M Program to Boost Play-to-Earn Guild Ecosystem
Source Node: 1608903
Time Stamp: Feb 14, 2022
Elon Musk’s Tesla Should Accept ADA, Says Cardano Founder Charles Hoskinson
Source Node: 926549
Time Stamp: Jun 17, 2021
The Fed and MIT Publish Central Bank Digital Currency Technical Research
Source Node: 1165273
Time Stamp: Feb 4, 2022