- An NFT mint for the Otherside game Legends of the Mara went awry this week, with high Ethereum network gas fees getting in the way. Yuga Labs’ jumbled response didn’t help, and it begs the question of whether the Bored Ape maker will ditch ETH.
- Mystery Society, a new Among Us-like social deduction game with optional NFT cosmetics, launched its beta test Friday ahead of an eventual free-to-play rollout. Creator Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow also announced a $3 million fundraise.
- Worldcoin’s blockchain-based World ID, which provides “proof of personhood,” will be tapped by Web3 esports platform Community Gaming to verify players for tournaments. The iris-scanning Orb is not required.
- Mastercard and MoonPay teamed up to launch a UEFA Champions League trivia game, which is gated by an NFT access pass that’s free for cardholders. Players can earn game tickets, including to the Champions League Final.
- Shardbound, an indie PC strategy game from a few years back that’s being revived as an NFT game, is holding its next playtest this month. The Immutable zkEVM game will let in up to 2,000 players on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Ethereum NFT collection Pudgy Penguins announced a team-up with marketplace Magic Eden, part of which will explore ways to put Magic Eden into Pudgy games. Pudgy World is set to launch in alpha on zkSync this quarter.
Stay on top of crypto news, get daily updates in your inbox.
- SEO Powered Content & PR Distribution. Get Amplified Today.
- PlatoData.Network Vertical Generative Ai. Empower Yourself. Access Here.
- PlatoAiStream. Web3 Intelligence. Knowledge Amplified. Access Here.
- PlatoESG. Carbon, CleanTech, Energy, Environment, Solar, Waste Management. Access Here.
- PlatoHealth. Biotech and Clinical Trials Intelligence. Access Here.
- Source: https://decrypt.co/216866/this-week-in-crypto-games-pixels-airdrop-shrapnel